Search This Blog

About this Blog

During the semester, I shall post course material and students will comment on it. Students are also free to comment on any aspect of American politics, either current or historical. There are only two major limitations: no coarse language, and no derogatory comments about people at the Claremont Colleges. This blog is on the open Internet, so post nothing that you would not want a potential employer to see. Syllabus: http://gov20h.blogspot.com/2023/08/draft-introduction-to-american-politics.html

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thanks for Your Comments

Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions. While I cannot respond to all of them here, let me offer a few reactions.
  • Several asked about the final exam. I will hand out a practice final, similar to the air midterm. Feel free to organize your own study guide. (I do not grade on a curve, so you do not lose out by cooperating.) Though a bit out of date, Andrew Lee's "Beating Professor Pitney" is still helpful.
  • I shall talk more about the readings, especially Tocqueville, Publius, and Alinsky. You can help me here by posing specific questions, either in class, through an email, or on the blog. I will be happy to respond on the blog if appropriate. That is especially true if I tell you that I shall return to a question in class, and then forget to do so. Remind me when I do that -- I am old!
  • More generally, several said that the blog could be better. So keep posts short and relevant to what we are discussing in class at the time. Rather than post the entire text of articles, use links. (See here for a guide on how to do it.)

No comments: