Here are some class quotations for those times when you feel nostalgic. It's literally been an honor being in class with you all. Thanks for an awesome semester!
-It's complicated.
-The short answer is, it's complicated.
-I welcome all perspectives, with one exception: No nazis allowed.
-If you don't like digressions, don't take this class...
-I used to say "read a good newspaper," but that's SO twentieth century.
-Drinking in class is okay... well, FLUIDS.
-I can say the 'Hail Mary' in Latin... and French.
-*To Miriam* Any relation to Ted Cruz? He's married to a CMC alum running for Senate in Texas... AGAINST ANOTHER CMC ALUM!
-*On the Declaration of Independence* Political Bonds... think of a rubber band.
-You're in the Honors class... oooooh.
-It was LITERALLY a revolutionary statement.
-There was a group of people who owed their allegiance to England - they lost. Their descendants are... Canadians.
-***Reenactment of the American Revolution***
*French Accent* We'll support these good people.
*British Accent* Awh, screw it...
AND THEN WE WON!
-Relativists really aren't... because they all think they're right.
-Anyone ever read Spinoza?
*Silence*
Well, Jefferson did!
-Divine Right of Kings, I STAB AT THEE!
-We're the Beta testers for the whole world!
-As Mr. Spock once said...
-You have the Pitzer definition of happiness...
-This was nerd heaven!
-When I try to speak French, it sounds like Yiddish.
-You should generally avoid passive tense. Jefferson didn't, but he was Jefferson, dammit!
-*On the Founding Fathers* So they all went to the city tavern and got hammered.
-Segway - I love using that word.
-"The first rule of Tea Party is that there is no Tea Party." - Brad Pitt
-You are all going to make errors.
-You guys aren't that original.
-The first draft of anything... is shit.
-If you see the indentations of my circle, you know I'm upset.
-I will follow you back to your dorms and rip your lungs out.
-English is not logical. Deal with it. If you want a logical language, speak Spanish.
-Governmenty political stuff.
-Excommunication. It's almost as bad as having your I.D. denied at a bar.
-This is a helluva lot easier than teaching a Kindergarten class.
-Alcohol consumption per capita circa 1820 was higher than even CMC.
-Think of CMC on Saturday at 11:39, that was America ALL THE TIME.
-I know what it's like to write a paper at three in the morning.
-You are beyond that. You are, after all, the Honors class.
-Let's keep this classroom oriented... *laughing*
-She looked at me and said, "God saw that," and I remember it. FIFTY YEARS LATER!
-"German Patriotism"... has some negative connotations.
-I hate the term prompts. They're question topics. NOT PROMPTS!!
-The next fifteen minutes will increase your learning potential by fifteen percent.
-You may make donations in my name.
-*On the Writing Center* Do exploit them... They familiar with me.
-You should just send me an e-mail of your draft. If you came to my office, I would read the paper faster just to avoid the awkwardness/discomfort.
-By the way, great drinking game. If you're watching C-Span and drinking [you're now CMCers, drinking and CMC actually go together!], taxes and job-killing will get you blotto!
-You do not apply, you are chosen. It's kind of like being Pope.
-At least he's a consistent loon.
-*On Hamilton* He had a really interesting life. And death. In a duel. How cool can you get?
-Springfield, Massachusetts. Not the Simpsons, D'oh.
-If you ever want a Congressman to take a picture with you, show up in a wheelchair.
-This is the talk. You'd rather get these comments in this warm, nurturing environment to aid you in your road to excellence.
-FAH!... I TOOK LATIN.
-People who take my class say, "I remember all those red marks you gave me." I NEVER USE RED INK!!
-And the Supreme Court said, "Nnnnooo."
-A lot of bells and whistles, which, as you know, I like.
-God said, "Cain, where's your brother?" And there's been investigations ever since.
-In New York, the Supreme Court is not the Supreme Court... It's New York you guys.
-When Oswald killed Kennedy, and yes, it WAS Oswald.
-Do a youtube search for Spongebob and China.
-The Tony Soprano school of politics.
-As the fire was bearing heading down to my house, all I could think was, "FEDERALISM!"
-World War I was one of those wars people look back on and think, "boy that was stupid."
-Divorce was a major source of income for NEvada.
-CMC contributes to the well being of this state in many different ways, and alcohol is one of them.
-When I was an undergraduate, I would've given an important body part for this.
-*On his new laser pointer* I got this not for class, but for my son. Notice you can't slice someone's arm off with this.
-I can actually channel Newt... "I was right and the world was wrong."
-Romney's the one you settle for... like vacationing in Branson, Missouri.
-We'll do a project - a Newt Gingrich drinking game.
-Walter Cronkite... he was basically... God.
-For everyone watching ESPN, my wife's 401K thanks you.
-It's awesome being a Newt Gingrich expert at a time like this. Then again, I love my country.
-He was one of the Pomona students that could have been a CMCer. That's the highest praise I can give.
-Alinsky was the ultimate CMCer.
-Think of the line, "What would Mitt Romney do."
-*On Newt Gingrich* The term megalomaniac comes to mind.
-A text without a context is a pretext.
-The little things are the big things.
-Kennedy could compartmentalize BIG time.
-Who knows, maybe next thing you'll see is Prime Minister Bieber.
-Predator - not starring one, but TWO future governors.
-The Gospel of Mark... it's the Strunk and White of the New Testament.
-You wouldn't want to giet into a fight with Bill Clinton because you're probably going to lose... it's like stepping into the ring with Mike Tyson... or Muhammad Ali.
No comments:
Post a Comment